Dead Ahead is a concert video by the Grateful Dead. It was recorded at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on October 30 and October 31, 1980.
In contrast to other Dead concert videos, Dead Ahead contains acoustic as well as electric song performances.
Dead Ahead contains songs from the last two New York concerts, October 30 and October 31, 1980. Although the video was compiled from multiple performances, and is shorter than one of the three-set concerts, it follows the general format of one of the shows, starting with some acoustic material and proceeding to a longer section of amplified music, including a somewhat edited "Drums" and "Space".
The video also includes several sketches by the comedy team of Al Franken and Tom Davis. These are from the final night of the tour, October 31, which was hosted by Franken and Davis, and broadcast on radio and on closed circuit TV.
- Jerry Garcia – guitar
- Mickey Hart – drums, percussion
- Bill Kreutzmann – drums, percussion
- Phil Lesh – bass
- Brent Mydland – keyboards
- Bob Weir – guitar
- "Uncle John's Band" (Garcia, Hunter)
- Introduction (Franken & Davis)
- "Bird Song" (Garcia, Hunter) — acoustic
- "On The Road Again" (traditional, arranged by Grateful Dead) — acoustic
- "To Lay Me Down" (Garcia, Hunter) — acoustic
- "Ripple" (Garcia, Hunter) — acoustic
- Henry Kissinger Interview (Franken & Davis)
- "Me and My Uncle" (Phillips)
- "Mexicali Blues" (Weir, Barlow)
- "Ramble On Rose" (Garcia, Hunter)
- "Little Red Rooster" (Dixon)
- A Visit Backstage (Franken & Davis)
- "Don't Ease Me In" (traditional, arranged by Grateful Dead)
- "Lost Sailor" (Weir, Barlow)
- "Saint of Circumstance" (Weir, Barlow)
- "Franklin's Tower" (Garcia, Kreutzmann, Hunter)
- "Drums" (Hart, Kreutzmann)
- "Space" (Garcia, Weir, Lesh, Mydland)
- "Fire on the Mountain" (Hart, Hunter)
- "Not Fade Away" (Hardin, Petty)
- "Good Lovin'" (Resnick, Clark)